Is Tier 3 Right for You?
For a growing business in a complex, competitive industry, having unlimited access to a dedicated lawyer who is intimately familiar with your business and its goals might mean the difference between jumping on a new opportunity or hesitating and missing the boat.
At Tier 3, your trusted legal advisor is also serves an expanded role as trusted business advisor.
MOGC is provided by the experienced business lawyers at Eno Martin Donahue & Roth, a 133-year-old law firm founded in Lowell, MA in 1887. From the beginning, you will have a dedicated MOGC attorney (“your lawyer”) who develops a deep, holistic understanding of your business, as well as your personal style and preferences. It is this personal commitment to you and your business that sets MOGC apart.
Your MOGC attorney is available anytime to discuss negotiation strategies and will also participate in semi-annual strategy sessions at your place of business. This type of personal commitment to you and your business is an invaluable benefit of MOGC. Learn more about why My Outside General Counsel might make sense for your business.
Benefits of Tier 3
- Unlimited Access to Legal Advice
Unlimited scheduled discussions via email, phone and/or video calls with your dedicated MOGC attorney about your company’s legal and business matters, for example:
- HR matters
- Structuring deals
- Financing questions
- Secure Online Access
Securely access all of your company’s legal documents in one place
- Document Review/Modification (upgrade from Tier 2)
Review and/or modification of three legal documents per month (up to 36 per year), including, for example:
- Existing contracts such as employment contracts.
- Agreements, such as non-compete, confidentiality, and exiting employment agreements
- Initial review of claim letters received from opposing counsel/businesses
- Bylaws or operating agreement modifications made to specific sections
- Issuing stock certificates/membership unit certificates for members/shareholders.
- Maintenance of stock ledger
- Early Stage Litigation Strategy & Analysis
If you are facing a business dispute, whether you are being sued or considering a suit against another party, your MOGC attorney will work with you to determine the best way forward. Sometimes it may be better to settle, sometimes it’s worth taking a case to court and your attorney will help you evaluate what course of action is most suitable for your business. At this tier, litigation support is limited to an initial review of the matter with a recommended course of action. It does not include work related to a potential trial or any courtroom appearances, however, if necessary, your MOGC attorney will coordinate with our litigators who can discuss your options with you.
- Letters Sent on Your Behalf (new at Tier 3)
Your dedicated MOGC Attorney will write up to two letters per month for business matters that might include:
- Cease and desist
- Responses requiring an attorney attention
- Discount (upgrade from Tier 2)
A 7.5% discount on all additional business legal services outside the scope of Tier 3. The discount does not apply if we must go to court on your behalf. While one of MOGC’s main goals is to avoid litigation, sometimes it’s in your best interest to pursue a solution in the courtroom or via alternative dispute resolution. If that’s the case, your dedicated General Counsel will coordinate with our litigators to provide a plan and budget for your consideration.
- Business Advice (upgrade from Tier 2)
A Tier 3 subscription offers significant business value. Take advantage of the depth and breadth of your MOGC Attorney’s business experience with:
- Unlimited strategy calls to discuss business growth and development
- Training discussions to meet the challenges of advancing negotiation skills
- Semi-annual in-person strategy meetings
- Annual Business Filings (new at Tier 3)
MOGC will complete all required annual business filings, including:
- Review to discuss annual company changes in preparation for revising the Annual Report
- Filing annual reports with the Domestic Secretary of State (filing fees not included)
- Legal Research (new at Tier 3)
Five hours of legal research annually are included at Tier 3. We will search statutes, regulations, policies, precedents and case law for answers to your legal questions.
- Business Succession Planning (new at Tier 3)
For private, owner-managed, or family-owned businesses, a solid succession plan can drive the growth of the business, reduce taxes, and set the stage for retirement. It can also provide peace of mind for you, the owner, knowing that you have prepared for the future to protect yourself, your business, and your family. An annual review and assessment of your business succession plan is included in Tier 3. If you need to create a new plan, consider upgrading to Tier 4.
- Estate Planning (new at Tier 3)
You’ve worked hard to build your business and together with your MOGC attorney, you can review the plans you have in place to ensure everything – and everyone – is taken care of when you’re ready to retire. Because your business and personal financial situation is fluid, annual review is a must. An annual review and assessment of the estate plans of up to 3 business owners is included in MOGC’s Tier 3. If you need to create new plans, consider upgrading to Tier 4.
Tier 3: $799/month
All MOGC service tiers require a one-year subscription and completion of either the Business Health Assessment or Business Formation Package to get started. You may upgrade or downgrade to another tier at any time.